You Be The Chemist Challenge originated in the U.S. by the Chemical Educational Foundation (CEF).
The CEF was founded by the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD) in 1989. Since becoming a distinct entity in 1997, CEF continues its strong relationship with NACD members who see the growing need for a skilled, qualified workforce. CEF’s circle of supporters now also includes consumer product corporations and a range of STEM and science-related businesses that are U.S. and global leaders.
As an exclusive overseas partner to the CEF, we are excited to host the You Be The Chemist Challenge in the United Kingdom as a national event.
To build the excitement and value of chemistry and STEM careers by empowering educators to engage students in accessible, hands-on science experiences.
We inspire students to be innovators and STEM leaders, building a better world through the science of chemistry.
You Be The Chemist Challenge®
CEF’s You Be The Chemist Challenge® is a collaborative, multilevel student science competition that celebrates the science of chemistry and elevates STEM careers. Students in Year 6 to Year 9 are eligible to compete in teams of three (3) or four (4).
What is the Challenge?
- Teams compete in the in-person Challenge answering timed multiple-choice and short-answer questions.
- Teams will also create a video exploring chemistry concepts in this year’s theme.
- National Challenge and video scores are weighted to determine national winners.
Why should you register for the Challenge?
- Interactive study materials are available for your students once you register
- Students can develop their interest in chemistry and compete for medals!